With over 20 years’ experience and expertise of NLP and conversational AI, Creative Virtual have developed a complex and richly functional content management system to meet the needs of heavily regulated industries adopting customer channels using these technologies.
During 2021 this application has been largely re-architected with microservice-based APIs at the back end and a modern front end using technologies such as Vue 3. This separation will allow for the integration of powerful and highly functional reporting tools into the application itself.
Our award-winning NLP/AI engine has also been adapted so that text-heavy structured and unstructured transactional data will be written to Kafka streams. These will in turn be ready by in-house/third-party consumers and siloed into SQL or no-SQL data stores as appropriate.
APIs will allow clients to access their own data directly and will also provide access points for both embedded dashboards (for standard, out-of-the-box reporting) and third-party BI analysis tools such as Tableau or Power BI where bespoke reporting is required.
Creative Virtual are therefore seeking an energetic and experienced data specialist to take ownership of these developments and drive them forwards. This is an unparalleled opportunity to design, develop, and build a reporting system that will be used daily by some of the largest financial institutions on the planet.
- Degree or Technical equivalent, with minimum experience of 4 years on MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Minimum of 2 years of Database Architecture, modelling and design standards and approaches
- Experience translating existing and anticipated reporting requirements into the data structures required to support them
- Experience in database management, data mining, researching, planning
- Good understanding and knowledge of SQL and no-SQL databases and their role in BI reporting
- Strong knowledge of ETL concepts and with data flow design and data quality
- Good interpersonal and strong written and verbal communication skills, including written documentation
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, and project management skills related to research
- Experience of version control systems
- Experience with encryption methods and security, in-depth knowledge of security techniques
- Experience extrapolating meaningful reports from large volumes of unstructured textual data
- Good in performance tuning, especially tuning complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies
- Good experience in XML Extraction and Transformation, XML Databases and Indexing/Search
- Hands-on SQL-XML programming skills
- Sound experience development of large-scale Internationalized applications
The driving factor for development will be customer requirements translated into High Level Solution and Design. The successful candidate must have 0-Defect mind-set and code ownership, and should be a self-motivated individual with an enthusiasm and ability to learn new skills quickly.
You will need to manage and work closely with analytics teams based in the UK and the USA who will act as the primary channel for business requirements.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), permanent position. Annual salary range is $70-95,000, depending on experience and location.
Preferred locations are those in which we have an established presence (US, UK, Europe and APAC) but vacancies are open to all English-speaking candidates globally. Working hours can be flexible, but some overlap with normal UK working hours of 09:00 to 17:30 will be expected, especially during the initial 6-month probationary period.
Remote working is fully supported, but some face-to-face meetings may be required, depending on location.
To apply, send your CV/resume to: [email protected]